Prof. Dr. Syama Prasad Pigilam
MBBS., MS., M.Ch., MBA Hospital Administration, FMAS, FIAGES, FICS, FICA, D.E.S., M.A (Psychology) (Ph.D., Human Genetics, AU), Dip. Diabetics, Management of Voluntary Organization AU, Certificate Course in Computers in AU.
N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada,
Name : Dr. Syama Prasad Pigilam
Date of Birth : 23rd may 1954
Nationality : Indian
Languages Known : Telugu, English, Hindi
Blood Group : O +ve
Educational Qualifications :
- MBBS (1972-1977)-Sri Venkateswara Medical College, S.V. University, Tirupati.
- MS (1978-1982)-Sri Venkateswara Medical College, S.V. University, Tirupati.
- M.Ch.Paediatric Surgery (1987-1989)-Andhra Medical College,Dr NTRUHS,Vijayawada.
- CCEBDM – Diploma in Diabetes (2008)-Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI).
- MBA Hospital Administration (2011-2014)-Andhra University,Visakhapatnam.
- Diploma in Environmental Sciences (2011-2014)-Andhra University,Visakhapatnam.
- Ph.D (Human Genetics) (2014)-Andhra University,Visakhapatnam.
- MA (Psychology) (2015)-Andhra University,Visakhapatnam.
- MBA Hospital administration.
- FMAS Fellow of Minimum Access Surgery.
- FIAGES Fellow of International Association of Gastro Enteric Surgeons.
- FICS Fellow of International College of Surgeons.
- FICA Fellow of International College of Angiology
Experience : ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Sri Venkateswara Medical College, Tirupati Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
Associate Professor : Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- Greater Eastern Medical School, Ragolu, Srikakulam
- Maharaja Institute of Medical Sciences, Viziangaram
- GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Rushikonda,VSP
- NRI Institute of Medical Sciences, Visakhapatnam
Administrative Experience :
- Medical Superintendent GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Rushikonda,VSP
- Head, Dept. Of Surgery and Academic Director NRIIMS, Nerlimalla, Viskahapatnam
- Head, Dept. Of Surgery and Academic Director GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences & Research,Rushikonda,VSP, 2011-2012
- Medical Superintendent Maharaja Institute of Medical Sciences, Vizianagaram 2013-2015
- ADME (Superintendent) King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam 2011-2012
- Deputy Superintendent King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam 2007-2011
- Head, Dept. Of Surgery Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam 2007-2011
- President, Ethics Committee King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam 2011-2012
Guest Lectures :
- “Common congenital anamolies” VSKP Steel Plant, December 1991,Visakhapatnam
- “Neonatal Intestinal Obstruction” IAPS, 1992, Visakhapatnam.
- “Paediatric Surgery emergencies” VSKP Steel Plant, 1993, Visakhapatnam.
- Blunt Abdonimal injuries” APASIOON , August 1994, Visakhapatnam.
- “Paediatric Urology” State Urology Conference, APOGUS, 1997, Visakhapatnam.
- “Surgical problems in elderly “ International Gerontology and Geriatircs, 3rd December 1999, Pune.
- “Complications of surgery in elderly “ International Gerontology and Geriatircs, 4th December 1999,Pune.
- “CA breast Clinical Evaluation ”Pathology Microbiology Conference, Feb, 2004, Visakhapatnam.
- “Hospital Infections : APASICON, 2005,Nellore.
- “Blunt abdominal Injuries” ASI Conference, Dec 2007, Bhubaneswar.
- Surgical Emergencies” IMA Srikakulam, 2008
- Varicose Veins” APASICON, Sept,2010, Vijayawada
- Diabetic foot infections” VSKP Steel Plant, 2012, Visakhapatnam.
- “Management of Diabetic foot infections”, IMA,MIMS hospital, Nellimarla Branch, Vizianagaram, 2013.
- “Burden of Tuberculosis in Visakhapatnam”, sensitization of Revised National tuberculosis programme and rapid diagnosis of TB , August 2016.
- “Need for developing strategy in elimination of rabies in a smart city” strategies for elimination of rabies in a smart city like Vizag, September 2016.
Papers Presented :
- “Chronic duodenal ulcer perforations” ASI Conference, August 1979, Visakhapatnam.
- “Acute intestinal Obstruction” ASI State Conference, 20th Sept 1980. Tirupati.
- “Soft tissue sarcomas of extremities” ASI State Conference, v20th Sept 1980, Tirupathi.
- “Exampholas retrospective study at a Andhra Medical College for 20 years”, ASI State Conference,August, 1987, Guntur.
- Thyroglossal Cyst presenting as the only functioning thyroid tissue”, ASICON, Jan,1998, Chennai.
- “Button colopexy a new innovation for prolapsed colostomy would in children
- Best administrator and Doctor from KGH, Visakhapatnam at 65th Independence day celebrations by SriLuv Agarwal, IAS, Collector, Visakhapatnam August 2012.
- YMCA award for dedicated Humanitarian Services July 2007.
- For “U” social welfare organization award.
- Hima Humanitarian Association award.
- P.A.P.A Association award.
- Received 8awards from various Lions Club of Visakhapatnam, in recognition of social service.
- Best doctors award by Health Care International –Hyderabad2013.
- Aanimutyam Life Time achievement national award 2013.
- “Vaidyaratna” Kinnera Arts, Hyderabad March 2017.
Social Activities :
- To encourage blood donation I have donated blood 84 times.
- Conducted more than 100 medial, health and cancer awareness camps..